Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sew.... What Are You Up To?

Well...for as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed sewing.

So, for a wedding present my sweet hubby gave me my first sewing machine...and it is still serving me well after all these years.  I just love the thing!  (I'm quite sure that it was his sweet mother that put the bug in his ear and helped him pick it out... But, I still give HIM kisses for the blessing it has been to me and our family!)

I cannot even begin to count the many items of clothing that I've used it to make, or the crafts, curtains, or whatnot that I've sewn with it.

Besides diapers, Onsies and the outfits our friends & family gave, I think I made all the rest of our first daughters clothes for at least the first 2 years of her life, haha!

When she was under 2, I began teaching group sewing lessons.  Which I did for awhile.  I love watching people get joy out of creating something with their own hands!

Over the years, I have sewn many things...including a couple wedding dresses, many blessing & baptism dresses..and other items for my family, friends and acquaintances.

Off and on over the years I have taught sewing lessons, and am currently teaching again... It's fun!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails